New materials, new production systems, certifications, conferences and fashion guides for ‘aware fashionists’: sustainability in footwear, leather goods and tannery sectors has a revolutionary impact.
Creeping into every crack, no closed door seems to be able to remain closed for much longer. Sustainability is now an absolutely pervasive theme, posed to renew products and markets as well as companies and research.
It is a type of innovation that is difficult to think of not coupled with the typical jolts of a revolution.
We talk about revolution when the ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) theme touches on finance, for example, an increasingly crucial element also in the fashion industry.
We talk about revolution when news arrives from laboratories, typically associated with scientific research, of cell cultures that could replace leather and fur derived from the slaughter of livestock.
We talk about revolution when a brand like ACBC focuses everything on sustainability and in just a few years trounces the market by activating prestigious collaborations and offering collections that are very interesting both in terms of aesthetics and eco-friendly content.
We talk about revolution when an entire area of a fair like Micam can be dedicated to sustainability - MICAM Green Zone - and present numerous projects from environmentally conscious brands.
Machines, materials, components and accessories, better if certified, even better if recycled or biodegradable… all look to sustainability as the horizon towards which to set their sails. It is up to you to discover the most interesting projects.
Contents inside the special issue:
- The revolution of sustainable innovation
- Protagonists of MICAM Green Zone
- Gruppo Mastrotto Express is now carbon neutral
- "At the forefront for certified sustainability"
- Openhouse Ecotan, sustainable leathers on display in the territory
- ACBC - Anything Can Be Changed: constant innovation at the service of the environment
- Sole was born
- "Aware fashionists. The sustainable fashion guide" arrives in bookstores
- Superior, the first Carbon Neutral tannery in the world
- The planet has a new ally: UNEAK
- Here come the Zèta x Nespresso sneaker
- DESMA: a commitment to more sustainable production
- Will this be the skin of the future?
- ESG: how much will it affect the lives of companies?
The special is reserved for registered users only. Register now for free to read all the news and insights and to access lots of exclusive content.
This special issue is powered by:
Alberti F.lli - APC - Apego - APICCAPS - Arsutoria School - Assomac Servizi - Brustia-Alfameccanica - Carnevali - Centro Accessori - Comelz Group - Conceria Nuvolari - DESMA Schuhmaschinen GmbH - Eredi Mezzabotta Maria - Erre Emme Suole - Expo Riva Schuh - Galli - Gea Gomma - Gruppo Mastrotto - Imperiali Attilio Tessitura - Industrie Chimiche Forestali - Inescop - International Footwear & Leather Show - IPR - JBS - Lamebo - Lineapelle - Moro Minuterie - New Step - Pellami Due C - Premiere Vision - Serena Cecchini Design - Silvachimica - Sipol - Sollini Gino - Tacchificio Villa Cortese - TecnoGi - Vicenza Pelli.